Shakeology has a great website. I have a TON of people asking me "Why Should I drink Shakeology?" Instead of me re-writing the answers, how about you take it from the experts? You can find the original article here.
Why Should I drink Shakeology?
Many of our customers and potential customers ask us "Why should I drink Shakeology every day?" While Shakeology's benefits are boundless, as we have heard by countless customers' amazing testimonials, here's a short cheat sheet of universal benefits you can pass along to curious friends asking you the same question!
- Antioxidants. Shakeology contains some of the most potent antioxidants: flavonoids and phytonutrients such as spinach, blue green algae, carrot powder, strawberry powder, and vitamins E and C. These help to prevent free radicals from oxidizing and destroying cells. The ingredients in our antioxidant blend such as pomegranate, acai berry, camu-camu, goji, and blueberry also have powerful antioxidant effects to support your immune system and help protect your body from normal inflammatory response.
- Energy. Shakeology contains a range of B vitamins and trace minerals, likezinc and magnesium, from whole food sources that regulate metabolism and increase energy. Shakeology also contains maca root, an adaptogen herb known to promote endurance and stamina.
- Digestion. The Shakeology non-dairy prebiotic and probiotic blend containsfiber and different enzymes like amylase, papain, cellulose, and lactase, which all support digestion. These ingredients aid in breaking down food molecules into smaller molecules that can be properly digested, so all of the nutrients can be absorbed into your system.
- Mood. One scoop of Shakeology provides 100% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin B12. B12 is often linked with good mood maintenance; B vitamins are also essential for the production and proper functioning of neurotransmitters like dopamine, crucial to the experience of pleasure. Shakeology also contains cacao, which is very high in phenylethylamine (PEA). PEA acts as a neuromodulator to enhance one's mood.
- Detoxification. Many of the ingredients in Shakeology (spirulina, chlorella,flaxseed, barley grass, spinach) contain powerful detoxification compounds such as chlorophyll and alpha-linolenic acid. These ingredients may help rid the body of environmental toxins such as smog, heavy metals, herbicides, cleaning products, and pesticides. They also aid in liver detoxification. Shakeology also includes kamut grass, an ingredient coined "nature's most powerful detoxifier." This grass has been known to cleanse the body and detoxify the cells to restore health and vitality.
- Immunity. The antioxidants, bioflavanoids, and flavanoids in Shakeology work to support immunity. Some of these ingredients include ashwaganda,acerola cherry, rose hips, and goji berries. The goji berries in Shakeology are one of the richest sources of antioxidants; not only does goji berry promote eye, reproductive, and circulatory health, but it also supports your immune system and promotes longevity!
- Satiety/cravings. The protein, chromium, and nutrient-dense calories fromsuperfoods in Shakeology work to help decrease your appetite. Chromium is important because it helps maintain blood-sugar levels, which reduces sugar cravings and promotes fat metabolism. Plus, protein-rich meals are a great way to keep you feeling full, longer!
- Complete nutrition: Each Shakeology ingredient plays an important role in feeding your body on a cellular level, but it is important to remember that the synergy of the 70+ ingredients working together is what truly fuels your body to keep you looking and feeling your best.
If you commit some of the aspects of this article to memory, then the next time someone asks you, "Why should I drink Shakeology?" you'll be able to provide them with more specialized information than, "It's the Healthiest Meal of the Day®! It helps you lose weight, curb cravings, lower cholesterol, and increase energy." This is all true, but at the end of the day, Shakeology is SO much more than that!