One thing I was NOT blessed with was the cooking gene. I have struggled ALL MY LIFE with coming up with healthy, tasty, and quick foods.
Yesterday, my hubby helped a friend move. He came home and politely ordered me to make him this salsa that they had for the crew at the move. It seemed simple enough although some of the ingredients seemed a bit strange to me. But, I took his word for it, got the ingredients at the store this morning, and made it when I got home. I also bought some Stacy's Pita Chips because who can have salsa w/o having chips to dip IN the salsa?!
I took one bite and was BLOWN away. The odd combination of foods WORKS! This salsa is amazing. It would be perfect for a snack beside the pool this summer or even as an appetizer at a party.
Here's my version of Ryan and Melissa's Spicy Italian Cucumber Salsa:
- 1 seedless cucumber, skin on, diced into small pieces
- 1 small/medium red onion, diced into small pieces
- 1 15 oz can organic whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes, most juice drained out (you could use organic tomatoes and add in jalapenos, but I didn't wanna mess with it today)
- Italian dressing to taste (I use my own homemade Italian dressing which is a packet of the good seasonings dressing, rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, EVOO, and water. I am not giving you my exact recipe cause then I would have to kill you)
- Get a pen and paper to write this down because it's very complicated.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for dressing, into a large bowl.
- Add as much Italian dressing as you want, stopping when you have the taste you desire!
- Bust out your pita chips and NOM NOM NOM!
Now go shopping for all these ingredients and EAT THE FOOD!