Friday, November 20, 2015

Can a picky eater complete the 3 Day Refresh?

Are you a picky eater? Pickier than me? I honestly think that might be impossible! 

When the 3 Day Refresh came out in June of 2014, I was sure that I would never be able to do the program because of my food "issues". Most of the "healthy" foods just don't mix well with me.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got my box, read the directions, and the recipes for the food. Now this program is one of my favorites! It's short, simple, and works!


The 3 Day Refresh is derived from Beachbody's bigger cleanse, called the Ultimate Reset. That program is 21 days long and is designed to cleanse your body from all toxins. I completed that back in June and it changed my life!

After the reset, I realized that it's virtually impossible to eat clean 100% of the time, so every-once-in-a-blue-moon, I complete the 3 Day Refresh to give the body a good scrub from the inside out :)

The one thing that really worried me about this program were the dinner recipes and that dang fiber sweep. I had heard some not so good things about it. Luckily I did a little digging and found the BEST way to drink it!



So - here's what you can generally expect on the Refresh:
  • Each morning you drink a big glass of water.
  • You follow that with your vegan shakeology and fruit. Did you really think that this program would leave out the shakeology???
  • Mid-morning is the Fiber Sweep. The trick is to use 5 ozs of COLD water, mix it, and IMMEDIATELY drink it!
  • Lunch is the Vanilla Fresh drink, fruit, veggie, and healthy fat.
  • Mid-afternoon snack is a veggie and healthy fat.
  • Dinner is another Vanilla Fresh and a meal from the recipe book (my favorite is Moroccan Carrot Salad).
  • Snack is green tea, with stevia if needed.

I always pick the Moroccan Carrot Salad for dinner because I will eat all the ingredients. I've also thought about trying the Asparagus dinner - it looks DELISH! Some of the other recipes have spinach and tomatoes in them. I don't do spinach because of the texture and I don't do tomatoes because my body doesn't tolerate night shade vegetables very well with my Lupus.

So - all in all - this program is VERY doable for someone who is a picky eater. If I can survive, so can you.

My team and I are currently in the middle of this program. We didn't wait until after Thanksgiving, mainly because I needed this now. My eating has been out of whack and I have been a SUGAR MONSTER for quite some time. The 3 Day Refresh has kicked my bug for sugar and put me back on the path to not being bloated!

We were just talking in my group about how none of us are hungry on this program! We are full and satisfied. I'm sure that some of it has to do with the fact that we KNOW we aren't supposed to deviate from the program so instead of eating out of boredom, we are finding other things to do or dealing with our emotions. That's HUGE!

I can't tell you how much weight I've lost because I threw out my scale. What I can tell you is that I FEEL better. No more bloat. No more digestive issues. My pants are really baggy on me.

From this point forward, I'm going to remember this hard work I've put in and I'm not going to give in to temptation. I will keep these results up and turn them into even something bigger. 

If you are unsure about how you are going to get the Thanksgiving bloat to say goodbye, please reach out. This program, combined with Shakeology and clean eating after, can help you to lose 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas instead of gaining those holiday pounds!

Shoot me an email at kellylevere@gmail.com if you would like more info on my 3 Day Refresh group starting Nov. 27th. It will run for 8 days and you can start your Refresh anytime within those 8 days! We will participate through a closed Facebook group and be cheering each other on.

I hope you take the time to take care of yourself this holiday season. You are 100% worth it!

Talk to you soon!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment