makes 5, 1 cup servings
- 2 T of EVOO
- 2 small zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I didn't use this b/c I detest peppers)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (I didn't use an onion because I didn't have one)
- 2 cups (16oz) chicken breast, cut into strips (I used frozen chicken breast)
- 1 can (15oz) reduced sodium/no salt added black beans
- 1 can (15oz) undrained diced tomatoes with garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Garlic powder to taste (I forgot to add mine - oops!)
- Reduced-fat (2% milk) shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat EVOO in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the frozen chicken breast, zucchini, onion, and peppers to the EVOO.
- if you are using fresh chicken breast, cook it in the skillet before adding the veggies.
- Stir occasionally until veggies are cooked and the chicken is warm.
- Add beans, undrained tomatoes, and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked rice, stir well, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Stir occasionally and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese (I used 1/8 cup) and serve!
OHMYGOODNESS! Not only was this was AMAZING but it was EASY! I love love love easy dinners! It totally hit the spot and I can't wait to eat more for lunch tomorrow - that is if the hubs doesn't eat it all tonight for dinner. Come to think of it, I'm going to wrap it up in a whole wheat tortilla for lunch tomorrow - NOM NOM NOM!