Since the hubs was home (he's a teacher) to help with the kids, I decided to get adventurous with breakfast. My MIL surprised us with a waffle maker a few weeks ago and I have been dying to try it out - so today is the day!
(makes 12 waffles)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups soy milk (you can use any low fat milk you want)
- 2 egg whites
- 1t cinnamon (more if you like)
- 1t vanilla
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until completely blended.
- Pour batter into waffle iron so that it covers all surface area. It took me between 1 and 1.5 cups to cover the iron.
- Close iron and let them cook! It took mine longer than usual - probably 8 - 10 minutes per (4) waffles. If you don't allow this extra time, the insides will be VERY moist.
- Take waffles out of iron, top with whatever you desire, and ENJOY! We topped ours with a bit of butter and a smidge of real maple syrup.
I had a lot left over, so I flash froze them individually and then stored them in a freezer bag. That way, I can just grab them on hectic mornings! I LOVE easy meals!
Serving details (waffle w/o toppings):
1 serving = 1 waffle
Calories = 118
Carbs = 15
Fat = 2
Protein = 9
Calcium = 8
Sugar = 1
This data was compiled using My Fitness Pal. Data will change depending on the type of milk, flour and protein powder you use.