Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Vanilla Protein Waffles

NO SCHOOL TODAY! Woo Hoo! Thanks Sandy!

Since the hubs was home (he's a teacher) to help with the kids, I decided to get adventurous with breakfast. My MIL surprised us with a waffle maker a few weeks ago and I have been dying to try it out - so today is the day!

Ingredients:
(makes 12 waffles)
  • 1 1/2 cups oat flour
  • 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
  • 2 cups soy milk (you can use any low fat milk you want)
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1t cinnamon (more if you like)
  • 1t vanilla

Directions:
  1. Preheat waffle iron.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until completely blended.
  3. Pour batter into waffle iron so that it covers all surface area. It took me between 1 and 1.5 cups to cover the iron.
  4. Close iron and let them cook! It took mine longer than usual - probably 8 - 10 minutes per (4) waffles. If you don't allow this extra time, the insides will be VERY moist.
  5. Take waffles out of iron, top with whatever you desire, and ENJOY! We topped ours with a bit of butter and a smidge of real maple syrup.

I had a lot left over, so I flash froze them individually and then stored them in a freezer bag. That way, I can just grab them on hectic mornings! I LOVE easy meals!

Serving details (waffle w/o toppings):
1 serving = 1 waffle
Calories = 118
Carbs = 15
Fat = 2
Protein = 9
Calcium = 8
Sugar = 1

This data was compiled using My Fitness Pal. Data will change depending on the type of milk, flour and protein powder you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment