Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week 1 Insanity Review

Ok - so I wrote this blog post last Sunday and then I pulled a "Kelly". I forgot to post it! So - here it is in its unedited form. Look for my week 2 review tomorrow! Haha!



Well, it's the end of week 1. I made it through. I did every workout and gave each one 110%!




I'm not gonna lie. It wasn't easy. I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

I HATE cardio. 

This is what I look like each morning before I work out...





I would much rather be lifting, but Insanity is something I have to conquer. I fact, this is me each morning!!!

So I'm giving it my all.

My two favorite workouts this week were Cardio Recovery because the stretching felt AMAZING and I also Pure Cardio because it was short and intense. I like it when my workout is shorter than normal.

That's going to change this week because I get to add in Cardio Abs after Pure Cardio. I'm not too sure how I feel about that yet. I'll let you know on Friday :)

What I can tell you is that the next 7 weeks are going to be a struggle for me. Each day I find myself trying to come up with excuses to not do my workout. In the end, I always do it because I know I HAVE to. It's not really a choice for me anymore. It's something I have to do. 

Another struggle is going to be eating clean. For some reason, I am having a really hard time with that lately. All I want is junk :( I KNOW it's not good for me. I KNOW how I feel after I eat the junk. I KNOW it's hurting my progress. But for some reason, I just want to eat junk.

Maybe it's because I don't get a lot of clean eating support at my house. My hubby is an eater. He eats a lot and wants the foods he is comfortable with. Down home cooking with lots of fat, grease, and beef. I can't and won't do any of those. I would prefer to eat grilled veggies every night. So, eating right is going to be a struggle. But I'll conquer it. I have to. I need this jiggle gone. NOW.

I would love to tell you that I'm down 3 pounds this week, but I'm not. I actually gained 4 pounds. I'm pretty sure it was because I ate a bunch of junk yesterday at my daughters first birthday party. I'm sure I'm nice and bloated. I gonna work really hard on eating well this week and weigh myself mid week again to see how it's going. Hopefully I'll be back under 150 quickly!

Ok - enough rambling for today. I need to hit the sack while both kids are sleeping in their own rooms! Woo hoo! No feet in my back for a little while tonight!

Lots of love!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment