Friday, October 11, 2013

CLX/T25 Hybrid - Week 2

In deciding what program to workout to for the remainder of 2013, I decided to go back to my first Beachbody program, ChaLEAN Extreme. I LOVE this program. It makes me feel strong and powerful. Chalene teaches you to lift CORRECTLY. This is the program that I lost 43 pounds with last year at this time.

My one grip with CLX is that you do the SAME cardio workouts for the entire 90 days. It gets boring. I don't like boring. I also don't like working out any longer than 25 minutes. What can I say - T25 SPOILED ME!

So I made the decision to do a hybrid schedule of CLX and T25. It's not written out anywhere, I'm making it up as I go along. I am doing the CLX lifting videos on M/W/F, or 3 days a week, and T25 workouts on T/R/S, or 3 other days a week. Sometimes I throw in a rest day on a week day instead of on Sunday. Especially if this week :/



See, this week was a week of Mondays. I'm sure you know what I mean. If it could go wrong, it went wrong this week. Piper got sick on Sunday night. Hubs got sick on Monday. Wyatt got sick on Tuesday. Wyatt had to go to the doctor on Wednesday night and get a breathing treatment and steroids. Thursday brought Hubs' grandma going to the hospital.

See what I mean? It was a week of Mondays.

So, my workouts got a little messed up this week. I wasn't able to get up early (5am) to work out every day. I was busy taking care of sick kids and the hubs. I had to fit in my workouts later in the day, after I got home from my full time job. I hate doing that. In fact, I just took a complete rest day on Wednesday because I only got 2 hours of sleep Tuesday night.

Again, it's been a rough week.

However, I'm not gonna let that deter me. I got my workouts in on Mon, Tues and Thurs. Yesterday (Thursday) was interesting because I did it at 6 pm with my 15 month old in the room. At least I'm setting a good example - right? Positives people. I'm always looking for the positives in situations.

Piper and I had fun working out last night. In fact, she was trying to decide herself what program to do!



I did Burn Circuit 2 last night which just might be one of my all-time favorites. I LOVE working my back and biceps. I also LOVE doing dead lifts. I know. I'm strange. It's ok. Wanna see our workout from last night? Complete with exhausted "done" pic with the cutie pie pictured above??? Ok - twist my arm ;)


One of my favorite parts of this workout is the last set lifting. It's actually not lifting at all. It's push-ups. Triple Threat push-ups to be exact. First you do a tricep push-up, then a regular push-up, then a spider push-up. Repeat 4 times for a total of 12. I have YET to do all 12 on my knees. By the end of this workout my arms are EXHAUSTED! The only thing that saves me a little are my wonderful wrist straps. My forearms would be mush if I had to carry around 25 and 30 pound weights for extended periods of time!

So - that is my random rambling about my second week of my CLX/T25 hybrid. Tonight I am going to do T25 Ab Intervals and tomorrow is Burn Circuit 3. Sunday will most likely be Speed 1.0 from T25 but we'll see what kind of mood I'm in when the time comes!

AND - what kind of coach would I be if I didn't offer this great opportunity to you guys??? I have a new group starting preseason on Monday the 14th. I would LOVE to help you achieve your goals and dreams. Message me on FB or leave a comment here and, together, we will come up with a plan that works for YOU!

Enjoy your Friday friends!
<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment