Well guess what? We're getting wet! My kids are totally worth it.
Now, starting tonight at 8 pm, my self control is REALLY going to be tested. See, there's gonna be JUNK, and lots of it, in my house. I don't WANT to eat it. I'm going to try to keep it out of my sight. But I just have zero self control.
So, I have Shakeology recipes all planned out to combat my cravings. First, there's an extra Shakeology Shake - Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk. Another favorite are my Shakeology Peanut Butter Cups. I might try to make some of those before Trick or Treat. And, of course,there's always my old faithful, No Bake Shakeology Balls.
See, its all about coming up with a plan for tricky situations. It's not about depriving myself. I mean, I don't really NEED that candy. I've been conditioned to think I need it. Do you know how much bad stuff is really in candy? I'm not going into that right now. That's a whole other blog post!
Before I finish getting myself and my kids ready for trick or treat tonight, I'm going to leave you with all the recipes from above. I will eventually turn them all into their own blog posts, but I want to share now :)
Happy Halloween Everyone!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk Shakeology
- 1 scoop chocolate shakeology
- 4 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 4 oz dark chocolate almond milk
- 1 square of Dark Chocolate
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of all natural Peanut Butter (amount depending on my calorie load for the day)
- ice to taste
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Try to avoid brain freeze from drinking it so fast!
- 4 Tbsp Chocolate Shakeology
- 2 Tbsp unrefined organic coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp chocolate PB2 (regular PB2 would work too)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 mini cupcake foils
- Place coconut oil into a small microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave in increments of 10 seconds until the oil is in liquid form.
- Add Chocolate Shakeology to the coconut oil. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the PB2 and the water. Mix well.
- If the PB2 is too thin, add more PB2. If it's too thick, add a *smidge* more water.
- Spoon approx. 1 tsp of the Shakeology mixture into each cupcake foil (3 of them).
- Top that with 1 tsp of the PB2 mixture.
- Use the rest of the Shakeology mixture to cover the PB2 in each foil.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, or until they are solidified.
- EAT and ENJOY!
No Bake Shakeology Balls (a.k.a. Shakeology Power Balls) - click the link to go to the recipe!