Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

It's finally here! The day my kids have been looking forward to for weeks! My son cannot wait to put on his Green Lantern costume tonight! My daughter is only 16 months old, so she doesn't really know what's going on. She's going to be a lady bug again this year, thanks to a great $4 thrift store find! Woot Woot - gotta love a sale! The only thing that is a negative about today is that it's going to be POURING down rain for trick or treat :(


^^^not my kid but that is his costume!

Well guess what? We're getting wet! My kids are totally worth it.

Now, starting tonight at 8 pm, my self control is REALLY going to be tested. See, there's gonna be JUNK, and lots of it, in my house. I don't WANT to eat it. I'm going to try to keep it out of my sight. But I just have zero self control. 

So, I have Shakeology recipes all planned out to combat my cravings. First, there's an extra Shakeology Shake - Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk. Another favorite are my Shakeology Peanut Butter Cups. I might try to make some of those before Trick or Treat. And, of course,there's always my old faithful, No Bake Shakeology Balls. 

See, its all about coming up with a plan for tricky situations. It's not about depriving myself. I mean, I don't really NEED that candy. I've been conditioned to think I need it. Do you know how much bad stuff is really in candy? I'm not going into that right now. That's a whole other blog post!

Before I finish getting myself and my kids ready for trick or treat tonight, I'm going to leave you with all the recipes from above. I will eventually turn them all into their own blog posts, but I want to share now :) 

Happy Halloween Everyone!

<3,
Kell


Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk Shakeology is like ^^^ that in a cup!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk Shakeology

Ingredients:
  • 1 scoop chocolate shakeology
  • 4 oz unsweetened almond milk
  • 4 oz dark chocolate almond milk
  • 1 square of Dark Chocolate
  • 1 to 2 Tbsp of all natural Peanut Butter (amount depending on my calorie load for the day)
  • ice to taste
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in blender.
  2. Blend.
  3. Try to avoid brain freeze from drinking it so fast!



Shakeology Peanut Butter Cups:

Ingredients:
  • 4 Tbsp Chocolate Shakeology
  • 2 Tbsp unrefined organic coconut oil
  • 4 Tbsp chocolate PB2 (regular PB2 would work too)
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 3 mini cupcake foils
Directions:
  1. Place coconut oil into a small microwaveable bowl. 
  2. Microwave in increments of 10 seconds until the oil is in liquid form.
  3. Add Chocolate Shakeology to the coconut oil. Mix well.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine the PB2 and the water. Mix well.
  5. If the PB2 is too thin, add more PB2. If it's too thick, add a *smidge* more water.
  6. Spoon approx. 1 tsp of the Shakeology mixture into each cupcake foil (3 of them).
  7. Top that with 1 tsp of the PB2 mixture.
  8. Use the rest of the Shakeology mixture to cover the PB2 in each foil.
  9. Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, or until they are solidified.
  10. EAT and ENJOY!



No Bake Shakeology Balls (a.k.a. Shakeology Power Balls) - click the link to go to the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment