Friday, October 18, 2013

Apple Pie Shakeology


Yeah. I'm on a fall kick. The weather is getting cooler. There's Friday night football games and MARCHING BAND every week. The leaves are changing. I'm wearing my brown boots today. 

Yes sir. I believe it's FINALLY fall. :)

With fall comes lots of fun recipes and staples. Pumpkin Pie. Apple Pie. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Warm soup. S'mores by the fire.

I'm not gonna lie. Fall is hard on me. I WANT to eat all the yummy food. I ENJOY all the yummy food. The problem is that my body doesn't like the unclean food. 

So, I do what I can to make versions of the fall foods I love. That has been a LOT easier since Beachbody came out with Vanilla Shakeology this past summer. The vanilla flavor takes on whatever you add to it, so coming up with new recipes has been fun!

I decided to do an Apple Pie recipe this morning and HELLO! It was delish! Too good to leave buried in an old blog post. This sucker deserves its own post!



If you are interested in trying Vanilla Shakeology, click on the picture below, comment on this blog post, or find me on fb @ www.facebook.com/klevere623 (like page) or www.facebook.com/kelly.elizabeth.71271 (personal page)




Ingredients:

  • 1 scoop/packet Vanilla Shakeology
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp crushed walnuts or pecans (optional)
  • ice to taste
  • add water or more almond milk if desired.
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients into a blender.
  2. Blend.
  3. Try not to drink it too fast!
  4. You can change up the thickness/consistency by adding more or less ice, almond milk, and/or water. 
Play around with the recipe a little. If you find you like a different version better, please let me know! I'm always looking for new ideas!

<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment