Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Baskets

According to the calendar, Spring is here. Punxatony Phil even said it would be here by now.

Well - they are both LIARS!

We got ANOTHER 4 inches of snow yesterday! Will this winter ever end?

With all the snow and cold weather, it's hard to believe that Easter is less than a week away. I actually kinda forgot about it this year. That's probably because I am not really thinking too far into the future, because if I do, I see work looming ahead.

So, while I was out grocery shopping on Sunday, I thought I better get on the ball with Easter basket goodies for my kids. Last year, it was junk food galore for my son. This year, it's a whole new ballgame!

Easter baskets don't NEED to be focused on candy. They need to be focused on seeing your child's eyes light up - or at least that's what it needs to be for me!

So, this year, my son is getting a Ninja Turtle, new pj's, glow sticks, eggs filled with quarters, and Brave. Of course, I bought him a chocolate bunny. Every child needs a chocolate bunny!








My daughter, she's a different story. She's only 9 months old. Her basket is mainly for her brother, so he doesn't ask questions. She's getting 2 fun pair of shoes, organic puffs, baby oatmeal, some baby food pouches, and a big bag of organic "cheerios". I refuse to buy cheerios because they are made with GMO's. I can't cut GMO's completely out of our lives, but I can seriously restrict them!



I can't wait to go to Michael's later this week and shop for an Easter Basket for my daughter. We have my hubby's old one for my son, but the daughter gets a new one!

I hope everyone has a great week and maybe Spring is showing up in your neck of the woods? I'm ready to shoot that dang groundhog!

<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment