I have a sweet tooth. A BAD sweet tooth.
I mean, less than a year ago, I topped the scales at 215 pounds. A little more than a year ago I topped out at 250+ at the end of my pregnancy. I certainly didn't get to that point by eating fruits and veggies. I ate junk and a lot of it.
Now I am comfortably weighting in around 149-150 pounds and I wear a size 8 pants and a medium shirt.
Over the past 9 months I have lost A LOT of things. 65 pounds. Hoards of size 12-20 pants. Even more size XL - 2XL shirts. Two hat sizes. 4 cup sizes in my bra and much more.
What I haven't lost, unfortunately, is my friggin SWEET TOOTH! UGH! That thing is so annoying!
Luckily for me, I have found alternatives to ice cream, candy, cake, Lucky Charmes (by the box none the less...), hostess snack cakes, and all the other junk out there.
Tonight I tried a new recipe that I have seen floating around the Internet. Honestly, I don't know why I waited so long to try it! It turned out pretty delish, but I did make one BIG adjustment :) I decided to FREEZE mine to make it a real summer time evening treat!
Here's my take on the Clean Eating Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt:
- 6 oz (1 individual serving container) plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt (I prefer Chobani but you can use any variety of plain 0% Greek Yogurt you desire)
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (I used Smudker's Organic Natural PB)
- 1 Tbsp raw, organic honey
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate)
- Combine all ingredients into a freezer safe bowl.
- Place into the freezer for about 1.5 hours or until the yogurt is nice and cold but not frozen stiff.
- Eat the entire bowl and try not to embarrass yourself by licking it clean in front of others. It's total acceptable to do it when you are alone or just with your hubs :)
Let me know how it turns out and share with anyone who has a sweet tooth like me!