So I came up with this recipe for Paleo friendly banana nut bread because I had bananas that needed to be used asap! I found the original recipe here. I loved the simplicity of the recipe but I didn't have enough almond flour and I wanted to spice it up a bit with walnuts. Here's what my version entails:
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup diced, raw walnuts
- Wet Ingredients:
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs (I use organic cage free)
- 1/4 cup honey (I use local, organic honey)
- 1/4 cup organic, unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla (I use organic vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, except the walnuts, together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl, making sure the bananas are incorporated with the other ingredients well.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir together until dough is moist and completely mixed.
- Fold the walnuts into the dough.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Place in the center of your oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool slightly and enjoy.
Let me know what you think of this banana bread. I loved it and my hubby said there was too much coconut. I happen to think he's nuts! (love ya honey!)