Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Beast Banana Pancakes

I've been having a REALLY hard time getting in all my calories for Body Beast. I mean, I have been eating 1600 calories for 4.5 months and all of a sudden I'm supposed to up it to 2300 a day???

Are you nuts???

It would be one thing if I could/wanted to eat 2300 calories of junk - think pizza, ice cream, candy - but I'm not going to do that to myself. Why work this hard if I'm just going to derail myself in the kitchen.

The challenge is to get 2300 calories of GOOD, SOLID NUTRITION. This is HARD!

So, I made some breakfast this morning out of the Book of Beast. OH-EM-GEE were these delicious! I'm a hardcore pancake girl, so I was very skeptical, but they did not disappoint in any way!



Ingredients:

  • 1 scoop protein powder (I used vanilla ice cream flavor)
  • 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (I used the 5 minute oats)
  • 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 dash of sea salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 small ripe banana, mashed
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tsp safflower or coconut oil, divided (optional)
  • Sliced fruit for garnish

Directions:
  1. Mix the dry ingredients into a medium bowl and set aside.
  2. Beat eggs in a medium bowl. 
  3. Add mashed banana and almond milk to eggs. Mix well.
  4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix very well. Add a smidge more almond milk if the batter is too dry.
  5. Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a large skillet. 
  6. Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter onto the skillet. You should EASILY be able to fit 3 pancakes in one skillet. 
  7. Cook until they bubble (aprox. 2 - 3 minutes)
  8. Flip.
  9. Check for done-ness (I like mine very light in color - aka not burnt).
  10. Eat them up!
I can't wait to eat my leftovers tomorrow morning! They were SOOOO good!

<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment