Monday, February 25, 2013

Single Digits Baby

I'm freaking out! 

Seriously. My kids are staring at me like I have 3 heads. And no, it's not because I'm not wearing any make up, or the fact that I'm dressed and still wearing my towel on my head.

Wanna know why I'm having heart palpitations???

I HIT MY GOAL 5 WEEKS ahead of time. 

I bought these pants a while ago in anticipation of returning to work on April 4th. I have ZERO work clothes that fit my new body. They are Apt. 9 curvy (cause I might have lost weight but my body type is CURVY!) trouser pants from Kohl's. A size 12 in these same pants was snug on me on Dec 10th.




All my old clothes are from Lane Bryant (which I LOVE btw, I just don't have to shop there anymore and there is NO SHAME in going there if you need 14+ sizes!) and hover somewhere around the sizes of 18/20.

This morning I got out of the shower and was feeling froggy.




So, I decided to pull out my new work pants and see how my progress was coming. I try to measure my success by how my clothes fit, not by the number on the scale.



As I was putting them on, I thought, there is NO WAY that these are going to fit me. I slipped my left leg in and then my right. I got them pulled up to my hips w/o any problems. EH - they were NEVER going to go over my hips. I have *child bearing hips*.

UMMM - they slipped right over my hips.

Ok - they went on but the CERTAINLY aren't going to button. I have lots of excess skin and am still flabby in that area (I'm working on it!)

THEY BUTTONED AND ZIPPED PERFECTLY!



I can OFFICIALLY say that I an now wearing pants that are in the SINGLE DIGIT sizes! My size 8 pants FIT! I mean, they REALLY fit! No muffin top, no extra bulge, no squeezing into them. 

THEY FIT!!!

So, as I was crying, my husband called from work. I was bawling and once I told him why, he was sharing in my joy.

Don't get me wrong. I'm NO WHERE NEAR my ultimate goal of being fit and toned. BUT I am getting there a little bit each day. Some days are really successful and some days I struggle just to hold on to past success. BUT every day is worth it and it's shaping me into this wonderful new person.

My outside FINALLY matches my inside and I couldn't be happier! I guess it's time to make some new goals!

<3,
Kell



No comments:

Post a Comment