Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fab Ab February

Fab Ab February is in full swing! It's day 5 and we have 140 members in our closed Facebook group! WOO HOO!

I love seeing people working hard and working together towards their goals! I love seeing people post DONE when their daily workout is done! It seriously won't take you more than 5 minute a day. What do you have to lose? Pounds? Inches? Weight?

I'm going to post the full schedule here for you. Do not be intimidated by it. The push ups can be done from your knees. Try to do at least one each day in the full push up position. If you can't start with doing at least one in the full position, work up to it. Try to do a full one every 5 days or so. Eventually you will be able to do it!



The sit ups and push ups can be broken up and done throughout the day. The plank, however, needs to be done all at one time. I know, I know. You hate me for that. Guess what? I DON'T CARE because your waist is going to love me! Remember, this is all a MENTAL game. Your mind is going to tell you 987362895 times that it's time to quit before you body tells you once. If you believe that you can do it, then you can!

Ok, Ok - if you HAVE to break up the longer planks, go ahead. But do your best to try to do the whole plank at once!

I guess I should mention that I typically do crunches, not sit ups. I feel more stable doing a crunch than a sit up. That's just me. Some of you may feel more comfortable doing full sit ups. Some of you may do sit ups one day and crunches the next. Do what works for you! I am going to start trying to do more sit ups though - they are tougher and will get me where I wanna be faster!

A lot of people have questions about how to properly work out. I am NOT a certified fitness instructor. I do not make my own videos (althought I want to!). So I went out and searched for videos that will properly demonstrate these moves for you. Here's what I found:


Here's a great video from Livestrong about how to properly do a sit up:



Here's another great video from Livestrong about how to properly do a crunch:



Here's a great video about how to properly do a plank. I LOVE that they give you some fun modifications. Those hip dip planks are NO JOKE!




Here's an amazing video I found that talks about how to properly do a push up. She even talks about planking and how it helps build up your strength to get to a push up!




I hope you all find these videos helpful and I hope that you join us in our Fab Ab Feb Challenge!

<3,
Kell



No comments:

Post a Comment