Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes

So, I know this isn't the most protein filled recipe. But my family really enjoyed it and I made it as healthy as I possibly could! My husband, who is THE hardest person to please in the ENTIRE world, was begging for more!

The possibilities with this recipe are endless. You could add some fruit. Maybe some nuts. Some oats thrown in would be yummy too! How about adding in some flax for extra nutrients? You could even add a scoop or two of vanilla protein powder. If you do that, decrease the flour by 1/4 cup for each scoop of powder you add.



Anyways - here's the recipe - ENJOY!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 large whole eggs OR 3 egg whites
  • 2 cups skim milk (you could use soy or almond milk instead - I used skim for the protein and because my hubby likes it better)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Heat a large skillet over low heat. 
  2. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. 
  3. Add in the wet ingredients.
  4. Whisk until the batter is no longer lumpy.
  5. Pour the batter into the hot skillet 1/4 cup at a time. 
  6. This will yield anywhere from 12 - 20 pancakes depending on how big you make them.
  7. Enjoy!
Before I told my hubby that the batter was homemade, I asked him what he thought. He said, and I quote, "These are the best pancakes I have ever had. What did you do different?"! To me, that is a major success!

<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment