Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Homemade Guacamole

Ok. I'll admit it.

I'm addicted to avocados. 

This isn't something that I just discovered in my healthy new lifestyle. I have ALWAYS loved avocados. I can eat an entire one in a sitting.

I know. That's probably not the best idea - but - DANG - they are good!

Our local grocery store, Giant Eagle, had avocados on sale this week for a dollar each. That's a steal for these parts. So I bought a bunch. My first thought was to give one to my daughter instead of her green beans or peas for dinner. 

Then we went to my dad's house for dinner on Sunday night. He and my step-mom served us wonderful homemade spaghetti and meatballs. As an appetizer, they had guacamole and Stacey's pita chips. I was in heaven! I asked my step-mom where they got the guac and she told me that they made it. Of course, being the nerd that I am, I had to know how she did it.

When she told me, I WAS FLOORED! It was sooo easy! Why hadn't I made this before?



I made some and it has been my topping on my shredded salsa chicken wraps this week. Oh, you don't have the recipe for the shredded salsa chicken? I'll give you that one tomorrow!

Are you ready for your mind to be blown with this recipe??? 

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe acocado
  • 2 Tbsp salsa
  • A squirt of lime juice
Directions:
  • Pit the avocado.
  • Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a bowl.
  • Mash up with a fork to whatever consistency you like.
  • Add the 2 Tbsp salsa to the avocado.
  • Mix together.
  • Add in the squirt of lime juice.
  • Mix all ingredients agin.
  • EAT IT!
Seriously. It's that easy. And it tastes WAY better than anything you could buy in the store!

Now go out and make some GUAC!

<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment