I went shopping with my mom today and came home with a bunch of chicken breasts. I am sick and tired of the same old chicken recipes. So, I turned to my good friend, Mr. Google, for some new ideas. I couldn't decide on just one recipe, so I made my own from a few! Here's what I came up with:
- 4 servings of Brown Rice, cooked (2/3 cup cooked is one serving)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (no sugar added) OR 1 cup fresh/frozen cranberries
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of one orange
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (can be omitted if you choose)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Organic Honey
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 cup natural orange juice
- Cut and trim chicken breasts. They need to be on the thinner side for this recipe.
- Cook the brown rice.
- Combine juice from one orange, paprika and 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- Pour the juice combo over the cooked brown rice.
- Chop cranberries and set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat.
- Place chicken in skillet and brown on one side for 3 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and brown on the other side for 3 minutes.
- Add the orange zest, cranberries, remaining sea salt, water, honey, mustard and natural orange juice to the chicken.
- Reduce heat to med-low, cover, and let simmer for 12 minutes. Check occasionally to make sure there is adequate liquid in the pan.
- Make sure the chicken breast is cooked thoroughly by cutting through the thickest part of one of the breasts.
- Serve 4 oz of chicken with 2/3 cup brown rice and 1 Tbsp of the cranberry mixture from the skillet
This recipe was AMAZING! I literally just had it for dinner and I can't wait to make it again!