Tuesday, January 8, 2013

P90X, the first week

Now that I'm officially done with ChaLEAN Extreme, it's time to either repeat the program or start a new one.

Originally, I wanted to do TurboFire, but then I got this strange bug up my butt about P90X. I think I wanted to try it because I've seen SOOOOO many amazing transformations with the program. I am still looking to lose at LEAST another 25 pounds, so I need something that's going to get great results. I made the decision - P90X it is!




I decided to give the Lean Program a try since that's what I'm trying to do, lean out. I'll be the first to admit, I don't like cardio. I never have. This one has a little more cardio than I'm used it. In fact, I'm only lifting weights 2 days a week.

I'm now on my second week and I am feeling the need to be VERY honest. I hate don't like it. I don't know if it's the workouts I don't like (they are ok), if it's Tony I'm not too fond of (that's not it - he's funny), if I just miss Chalene a lot (I do), if I don't like this version I'm doing (the lean version), if it moves too fast for me (it does), if it's the length of the workouts (most are over an hour) or if my heart's just not in it. Whatever it is, it's hurting my progress :(


I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. I was on SUCH a great workout kick. I loved my workouts and was eating really well. Now I'm second guessing myself. Do I really have what it takes to do this? What if I still hate the program in a few weeks? Do I keep going and finish out the 90 days while being miserable or do I switch?

In the videos, Tony always says "do your best and forget the rest". So, right now, I'm doing my best. I tried to go into this week with a different attitude. I'm pumping myself up about doing the workouts. I'm getting them done first thing in the morning. And, I'm still not liking it :(

I've made the decision to stick with P90X for a full month. I'm in it until Jan 31st. I'm going to re-evaluate then and maybe switch something up. Maybe I'll end up loving it and I'll stick with. Maybe I will do the P90X/CLX hybrid, maybe I'll just do CLX again, maybe I'll jump right into TurboFire, maybe I'll try out Brazil Butt Lift, or maybe I'll even do a CLX/TurboFire hybrid. So many different choices, so little time!


I hope this post isn't a debbie downer for anyone. I just have to be honest. I'm not superwoman. I'm not good at everything I do. I have bad days. Heck, I have bad weeks!

Should this post deter you from doing P90X? ABSOLUTELY not. It's just my experience with the first week of the program. Like I said, I'm going to give it my all for a month. Then a decision will be made.

<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment