Friday, December 28, 2012

A year in review - 2012

2012 was a BIG year for me. 

I did things that I never though I could do. I had a healthy pregnancy and gave birth to my daughter via unmedicated VBAC. I learned how to use my DSLR. I started my weight loss journey, became a beachbody coach, and lost 41 pounds. My hubby and I started "dating" again. I have been able to successfully breastfeed again. I started helping others in their weight loss/health journeys.

Without a doubt, my biggest accomplishment to date is the birth of my daughter. I felt so completely robbed when my son was born via emergency c/section. I felt like I had no choice in the matter. I felt like my body was broken. Then I found the most amazing group of midwives and they told me that I could do it. I wasn't broken. My body did work. Meredith (the midwife who delivered my daughter) is forever a part of our family. I couldn't have done it without her. She pushed me to find the strength I didn't think I had in me. 

Losing weight is something I have wanted to do for a REALLY long time. It was my hubby that pushed me to do it. He made me face the fact that I was gaining weight and I wasn't pregnant anymore. It hurt when he confronted me about it but in the end, he did it because he loves me. He wants me to be around for our kids.


Hubby confrontation was a blessing in disguise. I was really embarrassed that he said something to me. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. But I didn't. I signed up to participate in a Challenge Group that a friend was running. I began eating clean and drinking my Shakeology. I started pushing play every day - except Sunday - it's my day off.

Hubs and I also started dating again. We had been in a rut in our marriage. We were taking care of the kids but not taking care of each other. Something had to give. So, we decided to go out twice a month, just the two of us. Sometimes it's just grocery shopping. Sometimes it's dinner alone. Maybe sometime it will even be a movie - nah - they are too expensive! Our marriage has benefited more than I could ever imagine from these two little dates a month. We aren't mom and dad when we go out together. We are Kelly and Mike. Do we talk about the kids? Of course. Do we miss the kids? DUH! But do we also get to hold hands and laugh without interruption? Yuppers! It's amazing!

Breastfeeding my daughter has been amazing. I'm not knocking the formula peeps. To each their own. I'm just a girl who was bound and determined to nurse her babies. Thankfully, both of them have taken to it. So much so, that neither ever took a bottle!  That typically would be a problem, but I have been lucky enough to be off work for a while and don't have to return until April 4. So, we'll worry about the no bottle situation later. I'm not gonna stress about it now!
Learning how to use my DSLR was also a huge deal for me this past year. Photography has become a huge part of my life. I always have my camera with me. I love to capture special moments on film - or rather - SD card. In fact, this has become such a part of my life, that I'm planning something BIG for 2013 with it. Stay tuned for more details!

My last big accomplishment has been to start running my own challenge groups. I have been so blessed to help others on their weight loss journeys. I also have big plans for this in 2013. More details to come tomorrow!

I have some of my plans for 2013 set up, but others are taking some more time to write down. I hope to have them all laid out tomorrow so I can share them. The best way to accomplish your goals is to make them public so you can be accountable for them.



What are your goals going to be for 2013?

<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment