Friday, December 21, 2012

Good day at the office

Every now and then, we have our bad days. I have been having more than my share lately. I've been in a rut with my eating. I'm ready to start a new workout program. The scale isn't budging because I'm lifting such heavy weights. But I think what's really getting to me is that I feel like I'm not helping enough people meet their goals. 

I want to do MORE!

Then, out of the blue today, I got a Facebook message from one of my challengers. It went something like this:

"Hey girl just wanted to share something with you. To add to the loveliness of my husband 
being gone right now, my daughter and I are sick  We have been dealing with it since 
Monday so I decided to go to the dr today. She has an ear infection (her first one ever) and I have some kinda of sinusitis/ respiratory crap. Anywho, what I am excited to tell you is that when I stepped on the scale at the dr I realized it had been awhile since I had weighed myself AND I have lost 10 pounds since starting this challenge so I wanted to thank you! I have def reached a goal and will keep on toning."

I can honestly say that this made my day! I helped someone to feel better about themselves! Seeing my challengers reach their goals makes me THAT MUCH MORE determined to reach mine!

But wait - it gets better!!!

As I was putting my daughter to bed, I got a message from a different challenger. She was telling me last night (indirectly through a FB post) how she has lost 3 inches in her waist. Well, tonight she measured her chest and she has lost ANOTHER 3 inches there! 6 inches in 7 weeks! And she's not even doing the full TurboFire program! She's doing the starter program! I honestly can't wait to see her results when the challenge starts in January! Oh, and her husband is doing the program with her and has lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks! AHHHH!

Guess what - I'm not done!!!

As I was typing out all of ^^^that - I remembered a conversation I had with yet a DIFFERENT challenger. She said that she's rocking her workouts and eating as well as she can. She's drinking her Shakeology every day. She said that she's down about 10 pounds and OTHER PEOPLE are starting to notice the difference in her body. Talk about becoming a more confident person! When other people start to tell you that they see you making a change, man does that lift the spirit!

So, at the end of the day, I need to stop worrying. I AM helping people. I AM making a difference. I might not hear from my challengers every day, but they are out there, doing their thing. Putting one foot in front of the other. Making good choices. Making a change for the better.

I am so proud of all of my challengers and specifically these three ladies and my lonley gentleman :) I'm not sure that they know it, but they are making a HUGE difference in MY life. They are pushing themselves to do things that are WAY out of their comfort zone and they are making progress! Their tomorrow is HERE! They are taking charge of their lives and not making excuses anymore. 

So, to my challengers, I just have to say:


on making your dreams come true

and


for inspiring me to do more!

<3,
Kell




No comments:

Post a Comment