Friday, December 14, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

Oh.My.Goodness.


I was at a Christmas party last weekend and this dip was served. I had heard and read about it*, but I had never tasted it. Let's just say that it's something I CANNOT have sitting around my house. I will eat it all.

I have another Christmas party to go to tomorrow and then we have P's baptism on Sunday, so I thought I'd give the dip a whirl myself. Typically, I stink at cooking, reading recipes, and kitchen stuff all together, so I was fully prepared for this to be awful. I was pleasantly surprised! It tasted pretty dang good!

I doubled my recipe and added in extra chocolate chips because that's the way I roll :) I hope you enjoy it.


Ingredients:

  • 1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans (chic peas), drained and rinsed
  • 1/8 plus 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/8 heaping tsp of baking soda
  • 2 Tbsp vanilla
  • 3 Tbsp oats (I used the 5 minute oats, not the instant)
  • 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup almond butter (I didn't have any so I made my own!)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
  • low fat graham crackers for dipping (apples would be great too - or pair with a fruit/veggie of your choice)

Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor.
  2. Blend until smooth. Add extra almond milk, 1 Tbsp at a time, if the mixture is too thick.
  3. Pour into a container and fold in the chocolate chips.
  4. Serve with low-fat Graham Crackers!
  5. Try not to eat all the dip yourself!
*original dip recipe found HERE.

<3,
Kell



No comments:

Post a Comment