Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Italian Turkey Cutlets

I found this recipe from my friend Melanie's blog and I tweaked it to fit my own needs. It was DELISH and I can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch today!


This is a picture of what my Italian Turkey Cutlets looked like, but it's not my picture. We had green beans, not broccoli ;)


Ingredients:
  • 1 package of Turkey Breast Cutlets, fat trimmed
  • 2 Tbsp (aprox.)  of Italian seasonings
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 can (15 ozs) organic, no salt added diced tomatoes
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Lay a piece of foil in the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
  3. Lay in the turkey breast cutlets.
  4. Top cutlets with the Italian Seasoning. I don't measure mine out, I just sprinkle it on till it looks good!
  5. Layer on the minced garlic and diced onion.
  6. Top the garlic and onion with the diced tomatoes.
  7. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
  8. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until the turkey breast is cooked through.
  9. Serve with whatever you choose. We had brown rice and no salt added green beans with ours. 
  10. ENJOY!

<3,
Kell


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Kel 4 this recipe! I am creating next week's menu. Hadn't thought of looking 4 pkg'd turkey cutlets. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kel 4 this recipe! I am creating next week's menu. Hadn't thought of looking 4 pkg'd turkey cutlets. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete