Sunday, December 2, 2012

Meal Planning

Meal planning is something I have NEVER been good at. Heck, I would even go as far to say that it is one of my biggest adult failures!

I never used to cook. Not because I don't like to cook. Not because I can't cook. But because I never knew WHAT to cook. And of course, the hubs is not so great with deciding ahead of time (a week in advance) what he wants to eat. He's a "spur of the moment" kinda guy...

But then I started planning out my meals on Saturday nights and all of a sudden, cooking wasn't such a chore. I got my husband involved to make sure he was ok with my plan and all of a sudden it was so much easier! I knew what I was going to make and when I was going to make it. I wasn't buying random food at the grocery store just to have it go to waste. We were actually starting to save money!

So, here is a sample of one of my meal plans. It's not pretty. It's not going to be what works for everyone. But it is what works for me!

I get a lot of my recipes from Melanie's blog, Kati's blog, The Gracious Pantry, and Heandsheeatclean.com. I also have MY OWN blog page with clean recipes I have tried. Check it out and share it with your friends!

Anywho - I thought I would share this weeks' meal plan with everyone. A lot of my food is the same each week. You will also see that I am seriously lacking in the nut proteins/fats and the hummus area. This is because of my gallbladder issue. My poor belleh just can't handle it!

So, anytime you want a different snack, sub in something you like instead. You can always check out my previous blog post about snacks HERE.

Here's what we are munchin' on in our house this week!




<3,
Kell



No comments:

Post a Comment