So, this blog post is going to focus on some healthy snacks because is one place I have a hard time keeping it fresh. I usually have the same exact snacks every day!
Some great snacks to plan into your day:
- 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of nuts
- 1 serving of fruit and 1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 serving of veggies and 2 Tbsp of hummus
- 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and 1 serving of berries of some type
- 0% Greek yogurt and 1 Tbsp organic honey
- 1/4 cup dried edamame and 1/4 cup dried cherries - just make sure your dried fruit doesn't have any added sugar.
- Protein bars (see my recipe page to link to some great protein bars!)
- Protein shake
- Quest Protein Bar
- Unsalted brown rice cakes and all natural peanut butter (I really miss this!!!)
- Whole grain tortilla, all natural PB, and 1/2 banana - banana roll up!
- Meatloaf Muffins and 1 cup of raw veggies
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 small sweet potato w/1 tsp raw honey and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
If anyone has some other snack ideas, please feel free to share! I'm always looking for ways to spice my routine up!