Saturday, November 24, 2012

Snack Ideas

I've been struggling a bit lately with my meal planning. I have some gallbladder issues and can't tolerate very much fat in my diet. It's completely bumming me out because natural peanut butter was a staple in my diet and I can't have it at all. I also can't eat avocados, beans of any kind, or ground meat.

So, this blog post is going to focus on some healthy snacks because is one place I have a hard time keeping it fresh. I usually have the same exact snacks every day!

Some great snacks to plan into your day:


  • 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of nuts
  • 1 serving of fruit and 1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
  • 1 serving of veggies and 2 Tbsp of hummus
  • 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and 1 serving of berries of some type
  • 0% Greek yogurt and 1 Tbsp organic honey
  • 1/4 cup dried edamame and 1/4 cup dried cherries - just make sure your dried fruit doesn't have any added sugar.
  • Protein bars (see my recipe page to link to some great protein bars!)
  • Protein shake
  • Shakeology
  • Quest Protein Bar
  • Unsalted brown rice cakes and all natural peanut butter (I really miss this!!!)
  • Whole grain tortilla, all natural PB, and 1/2 banana - banana roll up!
  • Meatloaf Muffins and 1 cup of raw veggies
  • 2 hard boiled eggs
  • 1 small sweet potato w/1 tsp raw honey and 1/2 tsp cinnamon

If anyone has some other snack ideas, please feel free to share! I'm always looking for ways to spice my routine up!

<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment