Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm gonna be gone all day - how am I going to eat clean?

It's going to happen. One of these days you are going to have to be out of the house the entire day. Talk about doing some damage to a clean eating way of life!

The best thing you can do is have your cooler and healthy snacks with you at all times. I knew I was going to be out and about today so I packed 2 apples and 2 cheese sticks for myself. It's SO important that you make sure to eat a complex carb AND a protein at each meal. If not, then you are going to get HUNGRY and very quickly!

I eat a lot of low fat cheese sticks because of my gallbladder issues. I would much rather have some all natural peanut butter with my apple, but my gallbladder cannot handle the fat that is in peanut butter. Some of my favorite protein's to have with my fruit or veggies before I started having belly issues were hummus, nut butter, and almonds. I just wanted to let you know of that ahead of time so you know to sub out some cheese sticks with other proteins you like!


Here's what my day looks like if I'm going to be out and about for a while:


Breakfast - Shakeology
Snack 1 - apple and cheese stick (I always take 2 apples and 2 cheese sticks with me everywhere - just incase!)
Lunch - Chicken salad pita and veggies OR healthy grilled chicken salad if out to lunch.
Snack 2 - Pumpkin protein bars
Dinner - See Lunch
Snack 3 - Pumpkin protein bars


In this sample schedule, everything is very portable and easily thrown into a cooler with an ice pack. That way, I don't have to worry about heating up anything.

When ordering food at a restaurant, you have to be very careful. Restaurant portions are HUGE! I like to order grilled chicken salads with a low fat dressing. I try to stay away from the fat free dressings because I don't like all the fake ingredients in fat free foods. I also ask for the cheese and fries on the side. More to come about choosing food at a restaurant in a later post!

Another great idea is to always have some extra Shakeology on hand. It's very easy to mix up with water. I bought a baby formula dispenser and have 3 servings of Shakeology on hand at all times! You can also order some individual packets.

<3,
Kell



No comments:

Post a Comment