Thursday, November 22, 2012

Power Cereal

A HUGE shout out to my good friend Melanie for introducing me to this AMAZING breakfast! It's crunchy, sweet, warm, and packed full of good stuff!


Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup cooked quinoa - I use this kind --------------------------->
  • 1/2 cup milk of your choice - I use unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/2 cup blueberries - I use frozen berries
  • 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
  • Cinnamon to taste

Directions:
  1. Combine quinoa and milk in a microwave safe bowl.
  2. Heat on high for 45 seconds or until heated.
  3. Add in bluberries, flax, and cinnamon.
  4. ENJOY!
The blueberries sweeten this cereal nicely for me so I don't use any sweetener, but you can certainly add some honey, agave nectar or stevia if needed! Try subbing in other fruits sometime. I've used apples and raspberries  - YUMMO!

Serving details:
Calories = 265
Carbs = 43
Fat = 8
Protein = 10
Calcium = 18
Sugar = 9

This data was compiled using My Fitness Pal. Data will change depending on the type of quiona, milk, berries and flax you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment