Monday, November 5, 2012

How many calories should I eat?

When you want to lose weight and get healthy, the amount of calories you eat in a day MATTER!

I used a combination of the following three websites to figure out how many calories to eat in a day. I'm an overweight, nursing mom, so I eat more in a day than a typical woman would.  Please take a minute to figure out how many calories you need to lose weight.


Here's the three links:

  1. My Fitness Pal is a great food tracking website. They also have an AWESOME app for your smartphone. You can even scan in barcodes to get nutritional info. When you initially sign up, it helps you calculate how many calories you need in a day to lose weight. You can customize the calories if you need to. I made mine a bit higher than it suggested because I am a nursing mom. One really cool thing about MFP (as I call it) is that when you enter your weight changes into the system, it automatically adjusts your caloric needs! How cool is that?!
  2. TeamBeachbody.com has a great tool for estimating your caloric needs. Click on the link to sign up for a free membership if you haven't done so already. Once you are signed up, roll over "Get Fit" and select "Fitness Tools" from the drop down menu. Once at the page, click on "Caloric Needs Calculator" at the very bottom of the paragraph. This is a GREAT resource!
  3. Livestrong.com also has a great caloric needs calculator. It estimated my needs REALLY high so I follow the other two instead of this one. But it is another great resource!

<3, 
Kell






No comments:

Post a Comment