Saturday, November 3, 2012

How much water should I drink?

In order to succeed in your weight loss/health journey, you MUST drink enough water! Most doctors say that the average person should drink 6 - 8 glasses of water a day. That typically adds up to around 64 ounces. However, that is NOT enough for someone who is working out and attempting to lose weight.

The general rule is to drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water, DAILY. For example, a 150 pound woman should be drinking 75 ounces of water a day.

Think about it. Your body is mostly comprised of water. It is in every little fiber of your body. When you don't drink enough, you be come dehydrated. Then your body goes into starvation mode. Your weight loss will stall.

Click HERE to help you figure out EXACTLY how much water you need daily.

Great, so you finally know just how much water you need. HOW THE HECK are you going to keep track of how much you are putting into your body? 


Here's how I do it. I have a 28 oz water bottle that I fill 4 times every day. That is more than I really need, but I don't mind getting a bit extra. I have 4 hair bands on my bottle and each time I fill it up, I move one hair band down on the bottle. That way, I know how many more I have to go! It's super easy and kind of fun!

So what are you waiting for - GO GET YOUR DRINK ON!




No comments:

Post a Comment