Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Shakeology Cleanse day 1

After eating a healthier, smaller portioned Thanksgiving dinner last Thursday and then another one on Sunday, I think it's time to help my body get back to "normal".

I have been hearing about the Shakeology Cleanse a lot lately. I really wanted to try it but was worried because I am nursing my 5.5 month old daughter full time. Like, the girl will NOT take a bottle! My concern with the cleanse was that I would be providing her little body with TOO much nutrition. So I decided to take the typical Shakeology cleanse and make it more nursing friendly.


Here's my plan:
  1. Instead of doing 3 shakes a day, I'm only going to do 2. Shakeology is EXTREMELY nutrient dense and I don't want to overwhelm her or change my milk too much.
  2. I am adding in more calories. The average nursing mother burns an extra 400 - 500 calories each day. A 900 - 1100 calorie a day diet will NOT work for my daughter or myself. So, I am adding in an extra snack and subbing the lunch shake for another salad with lean meat.
  3. If I am not feeling right (too weak, dizzy, etc.) I will up my calories or stop all together. Like I said before, there isn't anything in the world that would make me jeopardize the health of my daughter or myself.
Alrighty - here's how the Day 1 went down...


Breakfast - 215 calories

  • 1 scoop chocolate shakeology
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries

Snack - 90 calories
  • banana
Lunch - 351 calories
  • 3 cups of lettuce
  • 1 cup of sliced raw carrots
  • 4 ounces of leftover Thanksgiving turkey breast
  • 1 Tablespoon EVOO
  • 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Snack - 80 calories
  •  apple
Dinner - 205 calories
  • 1 scoop chocolate shakeology
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
Evening Snack - 249 calories
  • 3 ounces of leftover Thanksgiving turkey breast 
  • 4 ounces of yams (plain) 


Total calories today - 1190

Happy First Day of Deer!!!

<3,
Kell


No comments:

Post a Comment