Saturday, November 24, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

This breakfast combines three of my favorite ingredients: apples, cinnamon, and oatmeal. It's perfect for a cold, snowy morning!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup, dry Quaker Old Fashioned Oat Meal
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 medium apple - I use galas or honeycrisps
  • 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
  • Cinnamon to taste

Directions:
  1. Combine oats and water.
  2. Heat on high in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until oatmeal is cooked throughout.
  3. While oatmeal is cooking, cut, core and dice apple.
  4. Add apple, flax, and cinnamon to the cooked oatmeal.
  5. ENJOY!
The apple sweetens this nicely for me so I don't use any sweetener, but you can certainly add some honey, agave nectar or stevia if needed! Try subbing in other fruits sometime. I've used bluberries - YUMMO!

Serving details:
Calories = 263
Carbs = 51
Fat = 5
Protein = 7
Calcium = 2
Sugar = 18 (higher because of the apple)

This data was compiled using My Fitness Pal. Data will change depending on the specific ingredients you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment