- 1/2 cup, dry Quaker Old Fashioned Oat Meal
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium apple - I use galas or honeycrisps
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- Cinnamon to taste
- Combine oats and water.
- Heat on high in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until oatmeal is cooked throughout.
- While oatmeal is cooking, cut, core and dice apple.
- Add apple, flax, and cinnamon to the cooked oatmeal.
The apple sweetens this nicely for me so I don't use any sweetener, but you can certainly add some honey, agave nectar or stevia if needed! Try subbing in other fruits sometime. I've used bluberries - YUMMO!
Calories = 263
Carbs = 51
Fat = 5
Protein = 7
Calcium = 2
Sugar = 18 (higher because of the apple)
This data was compiled using My Fitness Pal. Data will change depending on the specific ingredients you use.